PLAN of PA
Organizational Management, Contracted Leadership and Executive Search
An unanticipated vacancy in the position of Executive Director necessitated immediate board action to ensure that the ongoing operations were appropriately supported, on an interim basis, in order to undertake a thorough and productive search for a new leader.
Additionally, there were several other circumstances that indicated the need to engage contracted leadership, including:
- Vacancy in the key position of Director of Marketing/Development
- New Leadership in Clinical Services
- Relocation of Operations
- Genuine concerns about minimizing staff anxiety
Dunleavy & Associates proposed to support PLAN of PA during this transition in leadership by providing the following services:
- Develop a Communications Plan to ensure that key constituencies (internal and external stakeholders) are informed and assured that the transition of leadership would not negatively impact either the services or supports that PLAN of PA provides to its clients.
- Assume the role of Interim Executive Director for PLAN of PA, fulfilling the essential responsibilities of the position for 120 days.
- Coordinate the board’s search and selection process for a new Executive Director
- Provide Orientation and Transition Support to the new Executive Director
- Manage the production of a successful Spring Fundraising Event for the PLAN of PA Foundation
While serving as interim Executive Director, the Dunleavy team designed and successfully facilitated an executive search that attracted more than 75 qualified candidates. The steps to identify and recruit a visionary organizational leader included stakeholder interviews, and work with the governing body and outgoing executive. During the interim assignment, a successful spring fundraising event was managed, with net proceeds exceeding projection by 40%. At the request of the Executive Committee, an organizational assessment was conducted with recommendations provided for areas of improvement, reorganization, and infrastructure investments. The search and selection committee was presented with three finalists and selected a candidate within the 120 day time frame.
About PLAN of PA
PLAN of PA (Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of Pennsylvania) was founded in 1989 and provides support to caregivers of adults with mental illness, autism, intellectual disability or brain injury. PLAN of PA works in the five counties of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia) and provides Care Management, Special Needs Trust, and Budget and Bill Paying services.